HORTON PUBLIC LIBRARY-
Dear Horton Public Library Patrons,
Due to current staffing issues we will be closed on Saturdays through the months of June-Aug. Patrons can still use the OPAC – NextKansas.org to place their own holds or call the Library during operational times for staff assistance. You may continue returning materials to the exterior or interior drop box. We also have a self-checkout system, ask us about it!
Although our main repair construction of our facility was fully complete in March 2021. We do have other issues around the facility we would like to work towards fixing in the coming months to ensure a safer & more convenient Library experience for all our patrons. The health and safety of our staff and patrons is our highest priority. The Library considers all aspects of our staff, patrons, building, our capabilities & supplies to perform safe operations. Please request advise from staff regarding all current Library regulations.
We still encourage everyone to continue use of our online services like HOOPLA & Flipster. There are also a lot of resources out there still offering free digital content.
Please remember the Little Libraries around your communities. Hickory Point, Muscotah, Whiting, Robinson, Tradin’ Post next to Golden Eagle Casino (currently under construction and the Little Library will return when able) these are hosted by Horton Public Library. There are also Little Libraries in Everest, hosted by Barnes Reading Room, Hiawatha hosted by Morrill Public Library & Powhattan which I believe is hosted by the local churches. We hope to keep ours filled as able, please email us or call if materials are needed or if you would like a change of material types that are provided. If you do retrieve books, please remember healthy habits.
With our deepest regards,
Jessica Ray Buhrman
List of Services: Pricing:
- Web Wandering – Internet Services – WIFI – MIFI FREE
- Image Imitation – Photocopying PER PAGE: .25c B & W, $1.00 Color
- Facsimile Forwarding – Fax Machine PER PAGE: $1.00
- Picture Piecing – CriCut – PER 6 Inch Cuts of Vinyl: $1.25
- Clinch Covering – Lamination PER PAGE: $1.00
- Flan Freshening – Disc Cleaning PER PAGE: $1.00
- Equipment Extensions – Inter-Library Loan FREE
- Assembly Area – Meeting Space FREE – Fees apply for after hour use.
- Probing Place – Research Area FREE
- Visual Voyage – Library Tours FREE – Fees apply for after hour use.
- Dwelling Distribution – Home-bound Delivery – ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SENIOR & HOME-BOUND DISABLED as staffing allows.