HORTON PUBLIC LIBRARY-
Dear Horton Public Library Patrons,
This notice is to advise you on our current updated situation.
The Library is now OPEN! Though we will still provide Curbside Service for anyone who needs it. We have returned to our original service days & times will be Mon-Fri from 1pm-7pm & Sat 10am-2pm. Patrons can still use the OPAC – NextKansas.org to place their own holds or call the Library during operational times for staff assistance. You may continue returning materials to the exterior or interior drop box. There is social distanced patron computer access for 4 computers.
Our needed construction of our facility is now complete. We do have other issues around the facility we would like to work towards fixing in the coming months to ensure a safer & more convenient Library experience for all our patrons. All meetings , programs, and activities at the Library facility are to be held following distancing guidelines.
The health and safety of our staff and patrons is our highest priority. The Library considers all aspects of our staff, patrons, building, our capabilities & supplies to perform safe operations. We continue to follow the recommendations, standards & mandates of our contractual partners, government & local health agencies, government mandates, statutes & guidelines for opening of educational facilities & community centers. With that in mind we are Suggesting Masks for all patrons who are unvaccinated. Please request advise from staff regarding all current Library regulations.
We still encourage everyone to continue use of our online services like HOOPLA & Flipster. There are also a lot of resources out there still offering free digital content. We are providing online programming links via Facebook, FB Events & more.
Please remember the Little Libraries around your communities. Hickory Point, Muscotah, Whiting, Robinson, Tradin’ Post next to Golden Eagle Casino these are hosted by Horton Public Library. There are also Little Libraries in Everest, hosted by Barnes Reading Room & Powhattan hosted by the local churches, I believe. We hope to keep ours filled as able, please email us or call if materials are needed or if you would like a change of material types that are provided. If you do retrieve books, please remember healthy habits.
With our deepest regards,
Jessica Ray Buhrman
List of Services: Pricing:
- Web Wandering – Internet Services – WIFI & Social Distanced Computers. FREE
- Image Imitation – Photocopying PER PAGE: .25c B & W, $1.00 Color
- Facsimile Forwarding – Fax Machine PER PAGE: $1.00
- Picture Piecing – CriCut – PER 6 Inch Cuts of Vinyl: $1.25
- Clinch Covering – Lamination PER PAGE: $1.00
- Flan Freshening – Disc Cleaning PER PAGE: $1.00
- Equipment Extensions – Inter-Library Loan FREE
- Assembly Area – Meeting Space – AVAILABLE w/ distancing FREE – Fees apply for after hour use.
- Probing Place – Research Area – AVAILABLE FREE
- Visual Voyage – Library Tours – AVAILABLE FREE – Fees apply for after hour use.
- Dwelling Distribution – Home-bound Delivery – ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SENIOR & HOME-BOUND DISABLED as staffing allows.